English Teacher Sept 2019 East London QTSEnglish Teacher required for Secondary SchoolThe English Teacher will be joining the school on a full time contract. The...
Career Teachers are working directly alongside an Ofsted rated good secondary school in Kent to support them in recruiting a dynamic and suitably qualified teacher of English at KS3-5. The school are looking for a passionate teacher with experience of delivering the English National Curriculum to at least KS3 and KS4. Previous experience of teaching English at KS5 is not essential, as you will be supported fully by the Head of Department. As such, this presents a wonderful opportunity for a dedicated teacher to experience KS5 teaching for the first time.
The school's location means it is easily accessible by car or public transport, with exceptional transport links to both London and the continent. The school's most recent Ofsted rating was good and their aim is to move to outstanding by their next Ofsted. The school have a core set of values which aim to promote both a love of learning and the development of their pupils into well-rounded members of society. Progress scores for the school demonstrate that they make a key difference for their pupils. Any interested candidate will need to show that they share the same passion for improving the life chances of all pupils. Staff at the school are very welcoming and there is a culture of sharing good practice within the English team. CPD is focused and you will have access to regular developmental sessions.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Be passionate about teaching English and be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, setting high expectations of achievement, supporting your pupils reach their full potential.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3499 or our consultant to the school, Nicola Lacey
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.