Career Teachers is currently recruiting for a Finance Officer to join the finance department of an Education Trust, on temporary to permanent basis.
To be part of a centralised finance team, delivering an efficient and accurate finance support function to a Multi- Academy Trust. The central team provides a finance function to schools within the Multi-Academy Trust, that includes processing payments, managing invoices, and liaising with a large group of suppliers.
The finance officer plays an important role within the Trust's centralised finance team. By ensuring all orders, invoices and other types of payments are processed within the authorisation guidelines, the department are able to process a weekly payment run that ensures suppliers are paid accurately and on time. By working closely with the Headteacher and the school support staff, and providing sound and good advice the finance team are able to effectively manage the finances for the whole Trust.
- To have a good working knowledge of the financial information system
- To deal efficiently and effectively with all purchase orders raised by the schools within the Multi-Academy Trust
- To process in a timely manner all invoices received in the finance department, ensuring correct authorisations are in place, following the Scheme of Delegation
- To ensure that all payments, including direct debits and standing orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- To ensure VAT is treated correctly within the finance system
- To manage the use of business cards within the Trust, including reconciling the monthly business card statements
- To prepare the invoices due to be paid for the weekly BACS run for each of the schools within the Trust
- To assist with the financial arrangements for all school trips and visits
- To manage and process all forms of communication in the finance department, including post and emails
- To provide a finance support role to staff based in schools
- To manage a large supplier database, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- To ensure all queries and enquiries are dealt with promptly and appropriately
- To develop good working relationships with staff based within the schools, and offering sound and accurate advice
- To ensure the beneficial use of school resources and ensure best value is sought in all cases
- To provide a help desk and support facility to all staff
- To maintain appropriate systems for filing and retrieval of financial information
- Attend staff training, meetings and note take as appropriate
- Any other finance duties as required
If you have the right skills and experience and looking to work in a rewarding sector please forward your CV asap.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted