Special Educational Needs Teacher- SLD/ASD/Severe Learning Difficulties
Starting in September, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable SEND Teacher, responsible for teaching mixed ability groups of pupils aged between 3 to 11 with Severe/Profound and multiple learning difficulties PMLD/SLD and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ Autism Spectrum Condition)
This Ofsted 'Good' SEND school in Lewisham is an inclusive learning environment that prides itself on its dedication to promoting a positive and inspiring framework where achievements are recognised and celebrated. Using sensory and holistic approaches to learning, the school makes significant progress with each of their learners over the years.
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a teaching position that will challenge you to use a variety of teaching methods and new developments in the curriculum to teach a range of year groups, containing pupils of various abilities, attitudes and experiences. Opportunities are available for those that would like to progress their careers and take on more responsibilities to further their careers.
If this sounds like a setting you are interested in knowing more about, please apply through the job ad or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unqualified SEND Teachers with Graduate or Postgraduate certification welcome to apply
- ECT- Early Career Teachers welcome to apply
- Competitive Salary
- Hours- 8am-5pm
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted