Special Educational Needs Teacher- SEND Teacher- SEN Teacher- PMLD Teacher
A Further education college in London borough of Harrow is looking for a PMLD Teacher to join them immediately.
This special college caters for young people with a vast range of complex needs. Teachers will need to have a diverse skill set to meet the educational and wellbeing needs.
If you are an experienced teacher of SEND or a primary teacher looking to move across into Special Education I want to hear from you!
The team is vibrant, multicultural and social, and encourage applications from staff with a drama/arts/creative background to fit in with their hands on and innovative approach to learning
Applications are also encouraged from those who would like to develop and progress their careers. As the school grows, so will the opportunity for progression.
If this sounds like a setting you are interested in knowing more about, please apply through the job ad or email email@example.com
- Unqualified SEND Teachers with Graduate or Postgraduate certification welcome to apply
- ECT- Early Career Teachers welcome to apply
- Competitive Salary
- Hours- 8am-5pm
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted