Special Educational Needs Teacher- SLD/ASD/Severe Learning Difficulties
Starting ASAP, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable SEND Teacher, responsible for teaching mixed ability groups of pupils aged between 2 to 11 with Severe/Profound and multiple learning difficulties PMLD/SLD and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ Autism Spectrum Condition)
This Ofsted 'Good' SEND school in Hayes is an inclusive learning environment that prides itself on its dedication to promoting a positive and inspiring framework where achievements are recognised and celebrated. Using sensory and holistic approaches to learning, the school makes significant progress with each of their learners over the years.
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a teaching position that will challenge you to use a variety of teaching methods and new developments in the curriculum to teach a range of year groups, containing pupils of various abilities, attitudes and experiences. Opportunities are available for those that would like to progress their careers and take on more responsibilities to further their careers.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a SEND Teacher you will have:
- Sound knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and the ability to design lessons, courses and projects.
- A dedication to creating the best conditions and environment for learning and developing skills.
- The ability to work well with others and autonomously.
- A flexible and open to change attitude.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- A positive outlook and ability to inspire positivity in others.
- The ability to use a computer and the primary office software packages competently, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
To be a good fit for a SEND Teacher role you need to be:
- Knowledgeable and resourceful.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Inspiring and hands-on.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
As a SEND Teacher you will need:
- Be passionate about working with SEND pupils and experience in managing challenging behaviour
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of complex needs is required
- Keen interest in inspiring pupils to engage with education and learning
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with prior experience teaching SEN/ASD pupils
- Unqualified SEND Teachers with Graduate or Postgraduate certification welcome to apply
- ECT- Early Career Teachers welcome to apply
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
Culture and inclusion
With your considerable SEND knowledge and experience of teaching pupil's aged 3 to 11 years, you will be an asset to this Ofsted rated SEND school in Hayes.
So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted