History TeacherDo you want to teach History in a progressive and well resourced school situated in Waltham Cross, Hertforshire?** Secondary School Requires an experienced or...
Job title: Teacher of Girls' PE
Salary: MPS - UPS (£23, 720 - £39, 406)
Start date: November 2019
An Ofsted rated 'good' secondary school in Essex are working with Career Teachers to recruit a teacher of Girls' PE to start in November on a permanent basis. The school are looking for a passionate and skilled teacher with experience of delivering the National Curriculum at KS3 and KS4. Experience of A-level and/or BTEC teaching is desirable, but not essential. Candidates with any specialisms will be considered for this role. This presents a wonderful opportunity for either an NQT seeking their first role, or a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
This large, mixed secondary school is located in the Braintree area. The school's most recent Ofsted rating was good in all areas. The leadership team has set clearly defined priorities in order for the school to be outstanding by its next inspection and are seeking a teacher with the drive and determination to deliver exceptional outcomes for all of their pupils. Teachers have high expectations for pupil conduct and well-developed systems and policies are in place. These focus on promoting positive behaviour and a culture of mutual respect. Staff and pupils at the school are very welcoming and there is an eagerness to share good practice between colleagues in the department. Teachers at the school also benefit from an increased amount of time for Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA). Great emphasis is placed on supporting teachers at all phases in their career to develop through bespoke CPD. You will also be provided with additional support through a robust and comprehensive induction period led by the Head of PE.
If you would like to work in an environment where students are polite, pleasant and keen to learn, and want to be part of their journey to outstanding, then they would love to hear from you.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching at least KS3 and KS4 (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be able to offer a specialism in any area of PE
- Be able to enthuse and challenge pupils through engaging lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate PE effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.