A Religious Education teaching position is available in a Secondary School in an excellent South East London location starting as soon as possible. Join a...
Job title: PE Teacher
Salary: MPS-UPS + potential TLR
Start date: September 2019 or January 2020
Are you an experienced teacher of PE?
Would you like to work in a high-performing school?
Are you looking for the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities?
A good secondary school in Buckinghamshire are working with Career Teachers to recruit a teacher of Girls' PE to start in either September or January, depending on your notice period. This is a permanent role and, due to the additional responsibilities as key stage 3 leader, would be suitable for an experienced PE teacher looking to work in a progressive, forward-thinking school where pupils are extremely keen to learn and behaviour is exemplary.
The role will involve teaching KS3 and KS4 PE, although the option to teach A-level is available to the right candidate. You will be expected to deliver all aspects of the PE curriculum and therefore qualified teachers with any PE specialisms will be considered. In addition to the teaching of PE, there is a TLR payment available for the pastoral leadership of key stage 3. This represents a wonderful opportunity for an experienced PE teacher to step into leadership. The school offers an extensive programme of enrichment activities as part of its timetable, so it is expected that you will be able to contribute to this aspect of the school's life.
The PE department at the school is well-led and consistently delivers outstanding results. Pupils make very good progress and this is due to the fact that staff in the school share good practice and are very supportive of one another. Behaviour is outstanding due to clear and consistent expectations, promotion of the schools ethos and values, and pupils who work exceptionally hard to achieve their goals.
CPD is well-planned, with personalized elements to support teachers at different stages of their career. If you are an NQT, then you will have access to an outstanding induction and mentoring programme throughout your first year.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Ideally have prior experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 and possibly KS5
- Ideally have experience as a Head of Year or in a similar pastoral role
- Be passionate about teaching PE and be able to enthuse pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3499 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.