A Religious Education teaching position is available in a Secondary School in an excellent South East London location starting as soon as possible. Join a...
Job title: Part-time PE Teacher
Salary: MPS - UPS (£23, 720 - £39, 406) FTE
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Start date: September 2019
A good school in Essex are working with Career Teachers to recruit a part-time (3 days per week) teacher of PE to start in September on a permanent basis. The school are looking for a passionate and skilled teacher with experience of delivering PE and can provide some flexibility in terms of the three days worked. The school will consider suitably qualified PE teachers with any specialisms, so this presents a wonderful opportunity for either an NQT seeking their first role or a more experienced teacher looking for a part-time position.
This large secondary school continues to go from strength-to-strength and their last Ofsted praised a number of aspects of their work, including the:
- Highly effective leadership and management at all levels
- Excellent behaviour of students
- High attainment of students
- Improvement in student outcomes
- Improvement in the quality of teaching and learning since the last inspection
- the truly inclusive nature of the school
- Outstanding provision in the Sixth Form
Staff and pupils at the school are very welcoming and there is an eagerness to share good practice between colleagues in the department. CPD is personalized and focused, with access to regular developmental sessions. You will also be provided with additional support through a robust and comprehensive induction period led by the Head of Department.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 PE (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying) with previous experience of teaching KS5 highly-desirable
- Be able to enthuse and challenge pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.