Primary Teacher Year 4January 2019 StartLocation Southwark- Full time roleCharlene at Career Teachers is currently looking for a Year 4 Teacher in the South East...
Job title: Primary Teacher
Salary: MPS - UPS (£23, 720 - £39, 406)
Start date: February 2019
A high-performing school in Surrey are working with Career Teachers to recruit a primary teacher for a permanent position starting in February 2019. The role will be in upper KS2 and you will have the benefit of working with an experienced year partner. PPA release is provided in year group teams, meaning the workload is shared and there are opportunities to collaborate and plan together.
Pupils at the school are keen to learn and demonstrate the school's core values in everything they do. The school has happy and supportive staff and you will be made to feel welcome and a member of the team. CPD is very effective, with weekly staff training and development, as well as access to personalized opportunities, including middle and senior leader training. Similarly, the school have very clear induction procedures, which will allow you to feel supported and quickly understand the school's values, ideals and policies.
This role would suit an NQT with placement experience in upper KS2, or a more experienced teacher looking for a new role in year 5 or 6. Experienced teachers will have the opportunity to lead a curriculum area.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Ideally have prior experience of teaching in KS2 (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the primary National Curriculum
- Have a thorough working knowledge of assessment for learning strategies
- Be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, setting high expectations of achievement, supporting children to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3499 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.