Job title: Head of Sixth FormSalary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)Location: BuckinghamshireStart date: January 2019 Would you like to join the leadership team of a high-performing...
Job title: Head of Sixth Form
Salary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)
Start date: September 2019
Would you like to join the leadership team of a high-performing school?
Do you already have experience in a pastoral role, Key Stage Leader or Head of Year position?
If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
An Ofsted rated good school are working with Career Teachers to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Head of Sixth Form to join their Senior Leadership Team. You will need to play an active role in the strategic planning of the School and will be responsible for leading the Sixth Form into the next phase of development at an exciting time for the school.
The school is well-led and consistently delivers outstanding results at GCSE and their relatively new sixth form is also thriving. Pupils make very good progress at the school and this is due to the fact that departmental staff share good practice and are supportive of one another. Behaviour is exemplary due to clear and consistent expectations, promotion of the schools ethos and values, and, most of all, pupils who work exceptionally hard to achieve their goals.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have significant experience teaching across KS3, KS4 and especially KS5, with the ability to teach Business studies and some ICT
- Have experience leading a year group, key stage or core curriculum subject
- Lead by example, motivating and inspiring staff and pupils alike
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
The school will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis, so please apply early to avoid disappoinment.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.