Drama and English teacher required for an outstanding school in the London Borough of Enfield initially on a two term supply basis but there will...
Job title: Head of Drama
Salary: MPS - UPS (£24,859 - £40,520) + TLR
Location: Epping Forest, Essex
Start date: September 2019
Are you an experienced teacher of Drama seeking a leadership position?
Would you like to work in a good school where you are supported and valued?
Are you available to start a permanent position in September?
If you answered 'yes' to these questions, this could be the perfect role for you.
Career Teachers are working with a good school in the Epping Forest area of Essex to recruit a Head of Drama. The school are looking for someone who is driven and able to challenge pupils to achieve to the highest possible standard. They are looking for a teacher who has experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 pupils (and possibly KS5 as well).
The school consistently delivers results which are above the national averages and Drama makes a significant contribution to the school's vast enrichment programme and work with feeder primary schools. The school have embedded their values, resulting in pupils who are well behaved and eager to learn. Staff at the school are welcoming and there is a culture of collaboration and teamwork throughout. You will be provided with a comprehensive induction period and you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues to share good practice and manage your workload.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Be capable of delivering high-quality teaching and learning outcomes
- Be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour in line with the school's values
- Be committed to your own development and demonstrate a willingness to share good practice
- Set high expectations of achievement and progress, supporting your pupils to reach their full potential.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3499 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.