A lovely Primary school in Camberwell is seeking an experienced Key Stage 1 Teacher for a role starting in September 2019.Person Specification Primary Teacher LondonPrimary...
Are you looking to step up to Headship?
Would you like to take the lead in a school which has recently been graded as outstanding?
If so, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for...
An all through academy in East London are looking for a Head of Primary to join their leadership team. This Sikh ethos school has recently been graded outstanding by Ofsted and is at an exciting stage in its development. They have a brand new building with fantastic facilities and are expanding year-on-year in both the primary and secondary phases. The school have just welcomed their first cohort of year 7 pupils and are over-subscribed in all their current primary year groups from Nursery through to year four.
The academy are looking for someone to provide dynamic and professional leadership of the Primary Phase of the all-through 3 -18 Academy, including Nursery. The Head of Primary (working with the Executive Headteacher) will be accountable for the Academy's continued success and improvement, in line with their vision of a school where a love of learning and life is nurtured, where standards are exceptionally high and where partnerships enhance achievements. They hold strongly to their founding values as a Sikh Faith School.
In order to deliver dynamic and professional leadership of the Primary phase, the Head of Primary has a range of key accountabilities to the Governing Body:
- With the Director of Education and Executive Headteacher; provide vision and strategic direction
- Lead by example to foster an open, transparent and equitable culture
- Develop the distinctive Faith of the school in line with its founding principles as an inclusive Sikh Faith school within its local community
- Evaluate school performance and effectiveness and identify priorities for continuous improvement
- Achieve and sustain outstanding teaching and learning across a broad and balanced curriculum
- Promote excellence, high expectations and standards of behaviour for all pupils
- Ensure equality of opportunity and inclusivity, creating a culture and environment that enables pupils' moral and spiritual growth
- Effective management and deployment of resources to achieve the school's aims
- Create a safe and inspiring learning environment
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the school
- Work effectively with the Executive Headteacher and Governing Body, upholding the highest standards of professionalism and supporting Governors/Trustees in ensuring that this impacts on all aspects of the Academy's decision making processes
These accountabilities are described in more detail in the job description, which can be obtained from our consultant at Career Teachers, John Byrne.
The Trust can offer you:
- An outstanding rated all-through 3-18 academy
- Exceptionally well behaved and motivated pupils
- Dedicated staff and Governors
- A friendly and caring school, guided by Sikh values which are universal and give us a moral and ethical compass
- Excellent support from the Executive Headteacher and access to a range of high quality training opportunities to further your career
For an informal initial discussion about this role and to receive an application pack, please contact John Byrne on 07824 824 651 or via email: email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: 7th October 2019
Shortlisting: 7th - 9th October 2019
Interview: W/C 14th October (to be confirmed after shortlisting)
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.