A Religious Education teaching position is available in a Secondary School in an excellent South East London location starting as soon as possible. Join a...
Job title: Geography Teacher
Salary: MPS - UPS (£27,596 - £43,348)
Location: West London
Start date: September 2019
Are you a qualified Geography teacher?
Are you seeking a new role for September?
Would you like to join a school at the start of the next chapter in their development?
With the recent completion of their new build, which has fantastic facilities for all subjects, it is an exciting time to join their team. The school is rapidly expanding and under new leadership. They are also working closely with an outstanding school and are entering a new and exciting phase of their development. It is a truly inclusive school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of the students and the local community, catering for both the academic and the vocational.
The role will involve teaching KS3 and KS4 Geography, with the option to teach at A-level available to the right candidate.
CPD is well-planned, with personalised elements to support teachers at different stages of their career. As such, the school welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs, for whom a comprehensive package of support is available, including an induction and mentoring programme.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Ideally have prior experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 and possibly KS5 (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be able to enthuse pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3499 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.