Maths Teacher Lewisham SecondaryMaths Teacher Lewisham locationSecondaryMaternity post February 2020This is a temporary Maths opportunity, teaching Key Stages 3 and 4.You will plan, prepare and...
Job title: Maths Teacher
Salary: MPS - UPS (£24,373 - £40,490)
Location: East London
Start date: January 2020
Are you a Maths teacher looking for a new role from January?
Would you like to work in a supportive school in East London?
Career Teachers are working directly alongside a trust with secondary schools throughout London and Essex. One of their schools is looking to recruit a maths teacher who has the same drive and determination for pupils to succeed as the school does. The school are looking for a teacher who is capable of delivering outstanding Maths lessons to KS3 and KS4 pupils. The opportunity to teach KS5 will also be available, although the allocation of KS5 lessons on your timetable will depend on your Maths specialism/s. This is a permanent position and you will be employed directly by the school.
The school has been judged as good by Ofsted and benefits from working with an outstanding lead school within the trust. The trust have embedded their values, resulting in pupils who are well behaved and eager to learn. Staff at the school are welcoming and there is a culture of collaboration and teamwork throughout. You will be provided with a comprehensive induction period with the Head of Maths and, due to the size of the trust, there are likely to be career development opportunities in the future.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Be a skilled Maths teacher, capable of delivering high-quality teaching and learning outcomes
- Be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour in line with the school's values
- Be committed to your own development and demonstrate a willingness to share good practice
- Set high expectations of achievement and progress, supporting your pupils to reach their full potential.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.