A good secondary school in Tonbridge, Kent are working with Career Teachers to recruit a Part-time Business studies teacher to start in October 2019, to...
Job title: Art and Photography Teacher
Location: Thurrock, Essex
Start date: January 2020
Are you an Art and Photography Teacher?
Would you be interested in a part-time position - 3 days per week (Monday-Wednesday)?
Would you like to work in a school with a highly personalised curriculum, exceptional extra-curricular opportunities and sound attainment?
If so, this might be just the role for you.
Career Teachers are working to recruit an Art and Photography Teacher to join a large mixed 11-18 academy school in Thurrock, Essex. Initially, this will be a part-time (3 days per week - Monday-Wednesday) maternity position. However, you will be employed directly by the school and there is the possibility that the position could be made permanent in the future.
The school have moved on significantly from their Ofsted in 2018 and are looking to secure a good judgment at their next inspection. The leadership team has set clearly defined priorities to enable this to happen and ensure that pupil progress is maximized. Teachers have high expectations for learning and behaviour, with well-developed systems and policies in place. Staff and pupils at the school are very welcoming and there is an eagerness to share good practice between colleagues. CPD is personalized and focused, with access to regular developmental sessions.
You will be expected to teach Art and Photography KS3-5. To be successful at interview, you need to demonstrate that you are passionate about Art and Photography, have prior experience of teaching in at least KS3 and KS4 (NQTs should refer to their experience on placements) and are (or have the potential to be) an outstanding teacher.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching Art and Photography according to the National Curriculum (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be able to enthuse and challenge pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.