Job title: English TeacherSalary: MPS UPS (£24,859 £40,520)Location: Dartford, KentStart date: September 2019 Career Teachers are working directly alongside an Ofsted rated good secondary academy...
Job title: Teacher of English
Salary: MPS - UPS (£23, 720 - £39, 406)
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Start date: September 2019
A rapidly improving secondary school in Kent are working with Career Teachers to recruit a teacher of English to start in September on a permanent basis. The school are looking for a passionate and skilled teacher with experience of delivering the English National Curriculum at KS3 and KS4, with the ability to teach KS5 highly desirable. This presents a wonderful opportunity for either an NQT seeking their first role, or a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
This mixed secondary school is part of a small-trust and will move into a brand-new building later this year. The school's key priority and focus is to remove barriers to learning in order to secure good and better progress and outcomes for all students. The leadership team has set clearly defined priorities to ensure that this happens. Teachers have high expectations for pupil conduct and well-developed systems and policies are in place. These focus on promoting positive behaviour and a culture of mutual respect.
Staff at the school enjoy excellent support, creative and high impact weekly professional development opportunities, as well as a two week October half term. For staff joining the profession, they boast excellent training and induction support, as well as a commitment to ensuring development opportunities via their network and relationships with other schools. You will have access to on-going development opportunities and the support of a forward thinking, successful multi-academy trust.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching at least KS3 and KS4 English lessons (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be able to enthuse and challenge pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.