A Religious Education teaching position is available in a Secondary School in an excellent South East London location starting as soon as possible. Join a...
Are you currently training to be a Design and Technology teacher or already qualified and seeking a new role?
Are you passionate about teaching DT to children who are keen to learn?
Would you like to work in a good school where staff are valued and CPD is effective and highly personalized?
If the answer to these questions is 'yes', this could be the perfect role for you:
Career Teachers are working with a good school in one of the Medway towns in Kent to recruit a design and Technology teacher for a permanent position starting in September. This means that you will be employed directly by the school and benefit from their excellent CPD programme. You need to demonstrate that you are passionate about DT, have prior experience of teaching in KS3 and KS4 (NQTs should refer to their experience on placements) and are (or have the potential to be) an outstanding teacher. You will be expected to teach Design and Technology at KS3 and KS4, although there will be the option to teach at KS5, should this be something you wish to pursue. This is a wonderful opportunity for a skilled teacher to join a successful department. The school are open to receiving applications from teacher with any DT specialisms for this particular position.
This large, mixed secondary school has excellent links with other schools in the Medway area and good transport links to both London and the continent. The school's most recent Ofsted rating was good and their aim is to move to outstanding by the next inspection. The leadership team has set clearly defined priorities to enable this to happen and their drive and focus ensures that pupil progress at the school is good. Teachers have high expectations for learning and behaviour and well-developed systems and policies are in place. Staff and pupils at the school are very welcoming and there is an eagerness to share good practice between colleagues in the department. CPD is personalized and focused, with access to regular developmental sessions. You will also be provided with additional support through a robust and comprehensive induction period led by the Head of Department.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching Design and Technology (DT) according to the National Curriculum (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be able to enthuse and challenge pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Set high expectations for achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, John Byrne, on 07824 824 651
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.