This fantastic role is due to start ASAP and I am looking for a proactive and energetic Sports Teaching Assistant to join this primary school in the heart of Liverpool city Centre on a full time Mon - Fri 08:30 - 15:30 schedule.
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
You will be working closely with class Teachers to plan the lesson and create innovative ways to ensure a supportive, creative learning environment where pupils can expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
This role has lots of variety, supporting different year groups with sports activities as well as classroom based support.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behavior plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Assist with planning learning activities and undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, typing, and filing as needed.
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behavior, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behavior.
5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all of the traits that make you a great fit or call Megan on 0151 317 7710.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted