- Are you looking for a role that will challenge your skills?
- Do you have experience supporting pupils with behaviour and mental health issues?
If so, this is the perfect role for you.
This Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant role will start September 5th and is a full-time, long-term post.
A SEND school in the CH43 area of Birkenhead is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with strong behaviour management skills to join their thriving team, make a difference and contribute to their support team. The hours for this role are 8.30am-4.15pm
This is a large special needs school for year groups 5 to 11, and caters for children's social, emotional and well-being. The school are committed to providing their children with a nurturing environment, an individualised curriculum, and a bespoke education to allow all their children the opportunity to shine and progress.
This wonderful school are particularly interested in speaking to support staff who are not fazed by differences, confrontational, or challenging behaviour. A clam, emphatic approach is a must for this role. Your role will include:
* Reporting to the class teacher and parents on children's progress * Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups * Adapting support according to needs * Looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare * Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance
* Experience with challenging behaviours * Commitment to working with pupils with special educational needs * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills * Initiative and problem-solving skills * Ability to manage confrontation and de-escalate when necessary
If you know you have the skills and are a committed individual, then apply now, or alternatively call Jacqueline on 07553253315 for a confidential chat.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted