KS1 Teacher - Research Based School
A leading school in East London is seeking a key stage 1 primary teacher to commence the role in September 2019 on a full time temporary to permanent basis.
This successful school currently caters for students from reception to year 3. The school provides a stimulating and engaging environment in which students achieve high academic results, being encouraged to have inquiring and independent minds. The school has many strengths including their many and varied extracurricular activities offered, excellent student behaviour, high pupil achievement and a positive ethos boosted by pastoral care and a supportive learning environment.
As a key stage 1 (KS1) teacher you will ensure that pupils receive high quality education designed to promote excitement, enjoyment and enthusiasm in learning, leading to the pursuit of excellence. You will be responsible for creating an atmosphere in which pupils feel valued and where personal endeavour and responsibility are fostered. It is essential to be creative!
The school is an exciting creative environment with art themed classrooms, a woodland themed library complete with toadstools and a wooden reading den, a sensory room with bean bags and soft play, and many more.
They have a clear strategy towards managing behaviour derived from a calm and supporting approach with extremely effective results.
Be prepared to be a part of research based learning and to work with children who know exactly what is expected of them.
They are also a forest school with a woodland area, a large field, a wildlife area and gardening space which the children love to participate in.
Requirements for this Position:
To be considered for this position you must hold either a Bachelor of Education or a PGCE. Alongside this, relevant experience is essential, preferably key stage 1 (KS1) teaching experience in a similar environment.
To be eligible for this role you must have the following:
- Bachelors degree in education
- Youth Mobility Visa, Ancestry Visa or British/EU passport
- Be able to supply 2 years worth of references
What to expect from London?
- A multi-cultural and diverse city
- Always something to do
- Access to all of Europe
- A safe and easy to use public transport system
- Your very own classroom! London is full of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools that need teachers today!
What Career Teachers offer?
- Up to $1000 flight reimbursement - along with help booking flights and finding temporary and longer term accommodation
- Support setting up a UK bank account and settling into London Life
- Regular social events where you can meet other overseas teachers
- A London travel card with credit!
- A multitude of teaching positions in Primary, Secondary and SEND schools and we will find you the job that suits your availability, skill set and ideals
- Flexible work so you are free to experience London and Europe whilst developing your teaching skills and resume
- UK curriculum training and ongoing support from Career Teacher's highly qualified Training Department
- Excellent rates of pay!
If you feel you are up to the challenge then please send your resume in word format to Isabel -firstname.lastname@example.org or free phone 0422 406 345 to speak with her directly.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.