Mathematics Teacher - North London
Are you an experienced Mathematics teacher? Would you be interested in working in a supportive secondary school in North London?
Career Teachers are recruiting for a secondary school in North London rated by OfSTED as 'outstanding' for a full time Mathematics teacher to start in February 2019. Our school provides quality education for children within the local area, providing the foundations for their pupils' development towards GCSEs and A Levels. The school has an excellent reputation within the local community for providing a broad, all-round education.
The School - North London
Our school caters for pupils aged 11 to 18 years. They provide quality teaching to children in the local area, producing exceptional results at GCSE and A-level. The schools work effectively with all members of their community to provide a safe and nurturing environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships. The SLT are all long standing members of staff and have created a supportive and nurturing environment for students and staff to thrive.
Person Specification - Mathematics Teacher - North London
This role would suit someone who is looking for a working holiday! The school is located close to Stansted Airport which is one of the most popular London based airports for flights to Europe. This means that once the school is out on a Friday you could go straight to the airport and be in Budapest in time for dinner! The school is also flexible so if there was a time when your flight left a little earlier than usual they would be able to accommodate.
The successful teacher will be proactive, engaging and inspiring; plan and prepare learning opportunities tailored to the individual needs of each child; assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis; maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies; through effective marking, monitor pupils' work and set targets for progress; assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving; be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress and encourage pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
About the Role - Mathematics Teacher - North London
As a Mathematics Teacher at this school you will be leading classes in key stage 3 to 5, supporting pupils working towards GCSEs and A-level examinations. This is a full time, long term Mathematics Teacher role with competitive rates of pay, starting from £140, reflecting experience and workload.
To be eligible for this role you must have the following:
- Bachelors degree in education
- Youth Mobility Visa, Ancestry Visa or British/EU passport
- Be able to supply 2 years worth of references
What Career Teachers offer?
- Up to $1000 flight reimbursement - along with help booking flights and finding temporary and longer term accommodation
- Support setting up a UK bank account and settling into London Life
- Regular social events where you can meet other overseas teachers
- A London travel card with credit!
- A multitude of teaching positions in Primary, Secondary and SEN schools and we will find you the job that suits your availability, skill set and ideals
- Flexible work so you are free to experience London and Europe whilst developing your teaching skills and resume
- UK curriculum training and ongoing support from Career Teacher's highly qualified Training Department
- Excellent rates of pay!
What to expect from London?
- A multi-cultural and diverse city
- Always something to do
- Access to all of Europe
- A safe and easy to use public transport system
- Your very own classroom! London is full of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools that need teachers today!
If you think moving to London is something that interests you and you have the skills that match the above criteria then get in touch with Isabel at email@example.com or free phone 0422 406 345 for more information!
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.