History Teacher - East London
An outstanding secondary school in East London are looking to secure a hardworking History teacher to start in February 2019.
- History teacher
- Long term temp assignment
- Ofsted 'Outstanding"
- East London
About the school
This school is an Outstanding academy in East London who has high aspirations for every student and provided exceptional education and pastoral care. The school was recognised as outstanding by ofsted in 2015, "students are extremely polite and Courteous" and behaviour is "Exemplary",
The school has high expectations for effort, behaviour and uniform and focus on supporting and challenging each other to achieve their full potential.
The students and staff demonstrate an enormous pride to work and attend the school. This school is a happy Academy, focused on supporting and challenging each other to achieve their full potential.
The school are looking to recruit a History teacher to start in February 2019 and continue until July 2019 in the first instance. The school would be happy to consider a NQT or experienced Teacher for this role as long as they have the drive and dedication to plan, prepare and teach outstanding lessons.
The successful Teacher will be:
- Proactive, engaging and inspiring
- Plan and prepare learning opportunities tailored to the individual needs of each child
- Assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis
- Maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies
- Through effective marking, monitor pupils' work and set targets for progress
- Assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving
- Be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress and encourage pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
To be eligible for this role you must have the following:
- Bachelors degree in education
- Youth Mobility Visa, Ancestry Visa or British/EU passport
- Be able to supply 2 years worth of references
What Career Teachers offer?
- Up to $1000 flight reimbursement - along with help booking flights and finding temporary and longer term accommodation
- Support setting up a UK bank account and settling into London Life
- Regular social events where you can meet other overseas teachers
- A London travel card with credit!
- A multitude of teaching positions in Primary, Secondary and SEN schools and we will find you the job that suits your availability, skill set and ideals
- Flexible work so you are free to experience London and Europe whilst developing your teaching skills and resume
- UK curriculum training and ongoing support from Career Teacher's highly qualified Training Department
- Excellent rates of pay!
What to expect from London?
- A multi-cultural and diverse city
- Always something to do
- Access to all of Europe
- A safe and easy to use public transport system
- Your very own classroom! London is full of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools that need teachers today!
If you think moving to London is something that interests you and you have the skills that match the above criteria then get in touch with Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org or free phone 0422 406 345 for more information!
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.