At Career Teachers we are currently recruiting for teaching assistants to work in a special needs school in Leeds. These are full time roles due to begin as soon as possible and be for the rest of the academic year.
You will be supporting students with autism and other additional learning needs, ensuring that they have the support and tools that they need to progress and have access to learning.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background in supporting people with special educational needs such as autism or have studied a relevant course related to childcare, education or psychology.
- Be patient and willing to put in extra time where needed with students who find it hard to build trusting relationships.
- Have a passion for making a difference and a desire to pursue a career in education.
- Be confident when it comes to diffusing challenging situations.
- Have the ability to communicate well with other members of staff, give detailed feedback on students and take on feedback where needed.
- Be adaptable and able to tailor activities and lessons to suit different learning styles.
If you feel that you match the above skill set, we would love to hear from you. To apply please click apply now or contact us in branch for further information.
- Full time role - Monday to Friday 8.30-15.30 (term time only)
- Working with students with special educational needs on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Students are primary aged, from EYFS up to Year 6.
- The school is situated in an easily accessible location in leeds, with on site parking and good links to public transport.
- Pay is between £80 and £90 per day, paid weekly directly through PAYE.
Benefits of working for Career Teachers:
- More flexibility in your working week.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Continual opportunities for training and CPD courses.
- Support from your dedicated consultant through out the process of registration, which you can do online.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted