Design & Technology TeacherBexley£130-£180 per dayAre you a Newly Qualified (NQT) or experienced Design and Technology teacher looking to commit to an outstanding training school...
Would you like to work in an outstanding school? Would you like to join a growing academy?
A new all-through school in Ilford are working with Career Teachers to recruit a Humanities teacher to start in September 2020. This is a permanent role and would be suitable for an NQT or an experienced teacher looking to work in an outstanding school. NQTs will be supported comprehensively throughout their induction year by a mentor, whilst additional responsibilities may be available for experienced teachers. The role will involve teaching KS3 History and Geography only, as the secondary phase will only have cohorts in years 7 and 8.
This is a really exciting time to join a thriving school. The academy has a brand-new building and received an outstanding Ofsted judgement very recently. The primary phase is over-subscribed and currently has pupils in Nursery - year 4, while the secondary phase has recently opened and welcomed its first cohort of year 7 pupils in September 2019. Ofsted specifically commented on the outstanding behaviour of the pupils; the school's rich, broad and balanced curriculum; and the drive and leadership of the Executive Principal. Teamwork is exceptional at the school, with all staff working towards a shared vision and supporting one another to improve teaching and learning outcomes for all pupils.
The school also offers an extensive programme of enrichment activities as part of its timetable, so it is expected that you will be able to contribute to this aspect of the school's life.
CPD is well-planned, with personalized elements to support teachers at different stages of their career.
- Hold (or be working towards) Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), QTLS or an equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Have prior experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 (NQTs should refer to their experience on placements)
- Be passionate about Humanities subjects and be able to enthuse pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
To register your interest in this role and attending the open-day event, apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, Nicola Lacey 07880 505506
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.