Career Teachers are working with a Primary school in Greenwich who are recruiting a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) for a long term role. The...
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Greenwich, South East London
- £80 - 90 daily rate
- Start as soon as possible
- South East London
Are you passionate about inspiring young minds?
Do you dream of a new role in a well-run school?
Career Teachers are working with an outstanding Primary school in Greenwich who are recruiting a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) for a long term role. The school provides high calibre education for children aged 5 - 11 years old, building a fun, engaging and inspiring learning environment.
Primary School - Greenwich, South East London
They provide quality education for primary aged children in their local area, feeding into successful surrounding secondary schools. Our school works effectively with all members of their community to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment, meeting the individual pastoral and academic needs of all pupils; de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships.
Person Specification - HLTA
The successful HLTA:
- Is dedicated, inspiring and engaging;
- Is confident and able to work across all age groups across the school;
- Is able to assesses individual learning needs and work on an individual and group basis;
- Maintains positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies;
- Monitors pupils' development through effective quality marking;
- Can lead whole class lessons in lieu of the class teacher;
- Assesses and records pupils' progress systematically and keeps records to check learning is understood and completed, monitors strengths and weaknesses, recognises the level at which each pupil is achieving;
- Is committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress and encourage pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
- A Higher Level have Qualified Teacher Status (HLTA status) is an advantage but not necessary.
- Will have an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS through Career Teachers.
- Can provide references covering the last 2 years
About the Role - HLTA
As an HLTA you will be working with the class teacher, taking groups and leading classes across Key Stage 1 and 2 with approximately 25 pupils in each class. This is a full time, long term HLTA role with competitive pay rates reflecting experience and workload.
If this sounds like you, and you exemplify these qualities then we'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 7105 3499
At Career Teachers we offer all educators:
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work;
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a brand new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask us for further details.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.