A friendly and supportive secondary school for students with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) is currently seeking a reliable and approachable behaviour support assistant to join their current team from January 2021.
- £70-85 per day
- Immediate starts available
Based in Hammersmith, this small school for students from 11 to 19 provides a calm, supportive and restorative environment in which students with SEMH needs, including those who may have been excluded from school, can access a holistic education that will enable them to develop both academically and personally. The students have a range of needs, many of which include behavioural issues.
This role will see you working in both a traditional TA role, supporting students in class, and as part of the behaviour team across the school. If you are interested in becoming a behaviour mentor or teacher within a PRU or SEMH context, this is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door!
- An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches
- Strong behaviour management skills
- A can-do attitude and strong sense of commitment
- A genuine passion for education
- Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR
- Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
- Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
- Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted