PSCHE and Preparing for Work Subject Leader
A well-respected community special school in Hammersmith are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of pupils with additional needs, they would welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
* Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in PSCHE.
* A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in PSCHE and beyond.
* Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
* Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
* Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
* Be able to support a Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
* Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
* Have a keen interest or experience of leading work experience and/or preparing pupils for work/Post 16.
* Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
* Be someone who is highly organised.
* Be someone who is highly resilient.
* Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
The position will include:
* The leadership and teaching of PSCHE at KS3 and KS4 level.
* The teaching of English at KS3 and KS4 level.
* The potential to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
* Teaching and preparing pupils for various relevant qualifications in PSCHE.
* Leading, inspiring and supporting staff/pupils/parents in preparing pupils for work and Post 16 education.
* Leading, managing and coordinating work experience for pupils in KS4.
* Providing INSET to staff.
* The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
* Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
To be considered, please apply with your CV today.
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted