Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? If you have answered yes - we want you!
A fantastic special needs (SEND) school in Harrow has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join the supportive team.
This supportive, community-led school aims to ensure that each student can achieve their own ambitions and live fulfilling and productive lives. They are looking for LSAs who can encourage each individual to achieve their potential and dream big, despite of any challenges they may face. This can be achieved by assisting and supporting the class teachers with the agreed learning plans, whilst also being responsible for safeguarding the children and young people. This will include making sure they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible and assisting with the physical, emotional, educational and personal care needs for each individual.
Who are we looking for?
The school are seeking responsible, friendly and thoughtful individuals who have a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
They need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present. You also must have a Grade C or above GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths and have some experience in an Education Setting or with Special educational needs children.
- To support the Class Teachers in delivering agreed learning activities to ensure each individual child meets their discrete learning needs.
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- To promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals in collaboration with Education, Multi-disciplinary team
- To assist with target setting, record keeping and assessment in classes
- To undertake relevant training programmes as and when required by the School
- Please see the Job description for further responsibilities.
- You must be available to work the shifts required.
- You must have a Grade C or above in your Maths and English GCSE's or equivalent
- You must have a Level 3 qualification from Sixth Form or College
- You must have some experience within an Educational setting or with Special Educational Needs
Please apply with your CV today!
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted