A well-respected special (SEN) school in Barking is seeking a SEN primary teacher to join their current cohort in September 2020.
Newly opened in 2015 and still growing, the school supports pupils aged from 4 - 16 who fall within the following categories of special needs:
Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
Severe learning difficulties (SLD)
The school works closely with the Local Authority and benefits from support and advice from their partner mainstream schools and other special schools in the area. With fantastic dedicated facilities and a supportive team of specialist staff, they pride themselves on enabling their students to integrate well within their community.
They are keen to attract teachers who can demonstrate an optimistic and aspirational attitude towards our pupils. Although it is desirable that you possess some prior experience of working with pupils with special educational needs, we are also keen for Teachers who may not possess all the skills as yet, but could bring to us a positive "can do" approach and we will train you in the appropriate techniques and strategies. Therefore, applications from Newly Qualified Teachers with an interest in teaching pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties are welcome.
They are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals who:
1) Have or will shortly be obtaining Qualified Teacher Status
2) Have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs or a proven interest in teaching pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties.
3) Have experience of, or is able to demonstrate the ability to differentiate curriculum delivery for pupils
4) Have a demonstrable skill to implement individualised goals and objects to address the core features of SEN, based on individual strengths and identified needs
5) Are able to work as a member of a team as well as an ability to lead and direct Classroom Assistants
6) Are committed to their own professional development.
7) Have effective personal organisation, communication and ICT skills.
8) Have a proven record of good to outstanding practice.
If you're looking to develop your career within the SEN sector, this is a fantastic opportunity - please send over your CV today!
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted