An exciting opportunity has arisen at a special (SEND) school in Hillingdon for a teacher of complex needs with an interest in teaching Life Skills to start in September 2021.
Based close to Hillingdon hospital, this vibrant provision is a mixed 7-19 school for pupils with complex mixed needs. They have 146 pupils on roll who have a variety of needs including Down's syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of pupils have speech and language difficulties, though a growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. Makaton signing is used in in many classes to facilitate communication.
The school can offer
- Children who are enthusiastic, well behaved and eager to learn
- Tailor-made training opportunities and career development to enable rapid progression
- Professional, friendly and supportive staff
- The chance to work in a well-resourced school with a creative ethos
- Strong school leadership
The successful candidate will
- Be a confident, passionate teacher preferably with SEN experience
- Have a strong interest and enthusiasm in developing further as a teacher in this setting
- Have an interest in teaching Life Skills
- Be a teacher with experience of working with pupils working below the Year 1 curriculum
- Be a person who loves working with children and can offer skills that will help pupils make excellent progress
The successful candidate must
- Be an excellent practitioner who can provide evidence of good or outstanding teaching
- Have high expectations of all children
- Be committed to professional development
- Be dedicated and able to motive and engage pupils
To be considered for this wonderful opportunity, please get in touch with your CV today.
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted