Are you a Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
A fantastic special school in West Drayton requires a Primary SEN Teacher to join their established team.
This well-respected school for students with autism supports nearly two hundred students across two sites aged 3.5 to 19. This role is based at the smaller of the two sites, with children aged from 3.5 to 11. They aim to deploy a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards an Equals Semi-Formal Curriculum and equivalent qualifications in functional skills.
Job Summary and Duties
As a qualified SEN Teacher, you will have a primary style, 'class-based' teaching role and will be teaching pupils at KS1/2 with complex needs who have a wide range of abilities from very low to age-related expectations. This role would, therefore, suit a teacher who is confident in teaching a range of subjects within a semi-formal curriculum.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible and have a love of teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside of the classroom and teaching life skills.
Following a thorough induction, your duties as Primary SEN Teacher will include:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and well-being at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS) or Candidate must be enrolled/working towards QTS.
- Have proven experience of teaching at KS1/2
- Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting (ASD / SLD / MLD)
- Be aware and have full knowledge of recent changes to the national curriculum
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level.
To be considered, please apply with your CV today.
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted