Can you use your teaching skills to nurture and inspire SEND learners? Are you ambitious to help young people achieve their very best in your subject?
An independent special needs school in Brent are looking for an experienced SEND English Teacher to work across their group provision, including a special school for children aged 14-19, and their Outreach service, teaching children and young people of all ages who are educated in a variety of venues outside of school, including in their own homes.
You will be working as part of a small, passionate and dedicated team with a common purpose to provide the very best education for our pupils.
The role is full time, although they are very flexible and are able to consider those who would prefer to work part time or within a job share.
About the School
The school is a small, but growing, independent special needs school. They are passionate about providing the very best education for their students, aged 14 to 19 who have autism, additional learning difficulties and complex needs, through a holistic and therapeutic approach. Their Outreach Services take these objectives to those who are unable to attend school. Their mission is to engage with children and young people to enable them to identify their own talents and strengths and to prepare them for a successful and enriched future where they can contribute to society around them, irrespective of their starting point.
- be teaching pupils from KS4 through to, and including A Level, with the use of technology for teaching and learning
- be working with SEND students one to one or in small groups of no more than 4
- be competent in using a therapeutic and holistic approach to enable pupils to overcome barriers to learning
- collaborate with other teachers, the curriculum lead and the wider team to ensure that our guidelines for best practice are implemented
- have high expectations for the outcomes for all of our pupils, ensuring that there is an outstanding learning environment
The successful candidate
You will be
- a qualified teacher (QTS)
- able to demonstrate at least 2 years' experience of successfully teaching English in a SEN environment
- passionate about learning, and innovative and creative in your approach to your teaching with a desire and ambition to achieve the very best outcomes for your students
- approachable and motivated to ensure that we maintain a happy and nurturing environment,
- resilient, committed and reflective,
- able to demonstrate your practical knowledge of the current SEND Code of Practice.
- An effective and confident communicator
- Able to provide classroom- based references
Please apply with your CV today.
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted