A well-respected independent school for students with complex behavioural needs is seeking a teaching assistant to join their current staff team in November 2020.
This caring and supportive provision aims to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. Supporting students aged 13-17 with a range of needs including autistic spectrum conditions and social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH), they use a pupil-centred approach that supports the needs of the individual student while also inspiring them to meet their potential. Their teaching assistants play a crucial role in ensuring their success, providing both academic interventions and pastoral support, including behaviour management.
- Work with individuals and groups of students, assist in ensuring students are kept on task and complete activities set by the teacher.
- Deal with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher.
- Deliver SEN interventions.
- Help implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the teacher.
- Provide feedback to students without reference to the teacher.
- Take small group of students for defined activities.
- Support and work with the teacher in testing/assessment.
- Provide individual student and group counselling as required.
- Provide detailed written reports when addressing complex student needs.
- Carry out a specific specialist responsibility (e.g. speech therapy) and support other staff in the school when help is needed in this area.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- A relevant professional qualification (NVQ level 2)
- Level 2 English and Maths.
- Degree in related subject.
- Awareness of and commitment to Equality & Diversity.
- Willing to travel and work flexibly.
- Desire to develop and undertake training as required.
Please apply with your CV today!
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted