As a result of the roll-out of mass testing for COVID-19 in schools, we are recruiting for Testing Assistants for our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities settings to provide assistance to those who are both able to self-swab and those who are unable to self-swab cheek samples to regularly test for the virus. Full PPE and training will be provided for this role.
The role of a Testing Assistant will be to:
- Be on hand to provide subject with guidance for self-administered swabbing if required
- Check test labelled correctly (including bar code secured)
- Direct subjects to exit
- Ensure subject drops off test kits with sample processor
For those students who require assistance with testing, additional duties will include:
- To collect samples from subjects
- Ensure these are labelled and processed correctly
Education & Experience
- Minimum GCSE - Maths & English
- Experience working in a clinical or health care setting with adults or children OR
- Experience within an education setting working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Swabbing experience preferred
- Patient, Empathetic, Caring, Calm
- Ability to follow instructions
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted