Graduate Teaching Assistant BarnetDo you have previous experience working with young children?Are you a recent graduate or current postgraduate student?Are you passionate about becoming...
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Southwark, London
- Are you a recent Graduate of Postgraduate student?
- Would you be interested in working with children in Primary Schools?
- Are you interested in becoming a teacher?
- Do you have an experience working with young children as a tutor, through coaching or volunteering?
- Would you like to gain school based experience and kick-start your career into teaching?
If you agree with any of the above continue reading as we may have a job for you. Career Teachers are currently recruiting for a bright Graduate Teaching Assistant for a Primary School in Southwark for a long-term opportunity.
TA's are important to the overall learning and development of pupils, tailoring their approach to optimise learning opportunities.
The Schools - South West London - Southwark
The Primary Schools we recruit for provide expert learning opportunities to children in the local area. The pupils are supported to become well rounded, to enjoy learning and make friends. A safe and nurturing environment where challenging behaviour is de-escalated and positive relationships are promoted.
- 1, 2, 3 and 4 form entries
- Ofsted rated "Outstanding" or "Good"
- Mainstream, academies, faith schools, forest schools, same gender schools and more
- Are all within a 10 minute walk to train and tube stations
- Have supportive and friendly members of staff
- Some have onsite parking
About the role - Primary TA
The Teaching Assistant supports the teacher and pupils in a classroom, cultivating a love of learning. The role is on a long-term supply basis with a competitive salary per day starting from £65, this reflects on your experience and workload. The role may turn into something more permanent or with the opportunity to train as a teacher.
Person specification - Grad Primary TA
The successful Primary Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA) will:
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and willing to get involved in the classroom
- Happily work 1:1, in small groups and in a full class
- Be personable, nurturing and has the ability to develop relationships
- Be interested in supporting intervention sessions for SATS
- Have completed a bachelor degree
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have a DBS on the update service (if you do not have one you will need to apply for a new DBS Enhanced Certificate)
- Provide references covering the last 2 years.
We are not looking for the finished article and are able to offer a lot of support and CPD training to help develop your skills and qualifications.
What Career Teachers Offer:
- Online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rate of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Free in Career Progression and Development (CPD) workshops
- Continued support through all placements with a dedicated consultant
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role or if you are thinking about taking the first steps of your career in teaching please apply here, call Excel on 0207 105 3499, visit www.careerteachers.co.uk or email your CV to email@example.com
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask us for further details.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.