Immediate start - ongoing & full time
Apply today! Call Demetrious on 01162 776400 or use the quick apply to send me your most up to date CV.
Purpose of the role
- To be responsible for managing the effective and efficient administration of external examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations (on behalf of the JCQ member awarding bodies) and/or awarding body rules for exams administration in a consistent and secure fashion, thereby helping to maintain the integrity of the assessment process
- To support the Head of centre in ensuring that the centre is compliant with the JCQ regulations and awarding body requirements in order to ensure the security and integrity of the examinations/assessments at all times
- To act on behalf of, and be the main point of contact for, the centre in matters relating to the general administration of awarding body examinations and assessments
- To closely liaise with key stakeholders (external and internal) to ensure exams administration processes are strictly followed and key deadlines met
- To ensure examinations are conducted in accordance with the regulations
- Through taking an ethical approach and working proactively to avoid malpractice among students and staff, supports the head of centre in taking all reasonable steps to prevent the occurrence of any malpractice/maladministration before, during the course of and after examinations have taken place
Main duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and develop systems to manage and coordinate all aspects of the exams administration process
- Research and understand qualifications and how they are assessed
- Identify and access relevant support available from external stakeholders (Awarding bodies/JCQ/Network group/The Exams Office etc.)
- Comply with JCQ and awarding body regulations, guidance and instructions and keep abreast of developments/changes/updates
- Effectively use JCQ and awarding body online tools where required (e.g the Centre Admin Portal (CAP), secure extranet sites)
- Oversee (as the main administrator) and manage appropriate access rights for relevant internal stakeholders using JCQ and awarding body online tools
- Manage own time effectively to ensure key tasks are undertaken and external key dates and deadlines are met (Achieved by creating and working to an annual exams plan)
- Communicate clear internal deadlines and processes for gathering/sharing exam-related information from/with relevant internal stakeholders
- Brief candidates/staff/parents/carers on examination regulations and requirements
- Actively support the head of centre in co-operating with the JCQ Centre Inspection Service, an awarding body or a regulatory authority when subject to an inspection, an investigation or an unannounced visit
- Annually confirm the information required by the National Centre Number Register (as administered by OCR on behalf of the JCQ) and informs of any changes to centre status
- Manage arrangements to receive, check and store confidential question papers and examination material safely and securely at all times and for as long as required in accordance with the regulations
- Support the head of centre in managing potential conflicts of interest by informing the awarding bodies to timescale for each examination series and recording the measures taken to mitigate any potential risk to the integrity of the qualifications affected
- Contribute to the creation/review/update of exam-related policies/procedures as required by the regulations and accurately reflect working practices in the centre
- Support the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) (or equivalent role) in implementing examination access arrangements and reasonable adjustments for eligible candidates (processing approval applications and requesting modified papers by the published deadlines)
To be considered, please use the quick apply attaching your CV. You can also call me on 01162 776400 if you require further information.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted