English Teacher Newham, London£140-190 daily rateOne year Maternity cover contract from April 2019 Are you a qualified English teacher? Would you be interested in working...
Qualified English teacher required for 'Outstanding' Secondary school in Slough.
Are you keen to secure a new challenging to start as soon as possible?
I am currently recruiting for an English Teacher to work on a long-term basis in an 'Outstanding' school based in Slough, SL1.
The School - Slough
The school is a department for Education with specialist arts status for girl from 11-19 years of age, located in the Borough of Slough, Berkshire. They offer a dynamic and vibrant learning environment which enables each individual to reach their full academic potential.
They aim to develop the potential of all their pupils to enjoy a full personal life and take an informed and responsible role in a rapidly changing society.
The ideal teacher must hold QTS or equivalent and must be able to commit for half a term or more
The school will happily welcome newly qualified teachers (NQTs) keen to launch their career in teaching.
You must be a teacher dedicated in aiding the learning of children and aim to raise attainment.
Successful Teachers will be subject to references and a DBS on the update service or be happy to apply for a new DBS.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching
- To plan and prepare courses as schemes of work and lessons
- To teach pupils according to their educational needs and to set and mark pupils' work
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of pupils and to keep accurate records as required
- To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils within the schools agreed deadlines
- To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy, and school's Arts specialism is reflected in the teaching/learning experience of pupils
- To ensure a quality learning experience for pupils that meets internal and external standards
- To prepare and update subject materials as required
- To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to pupil needs
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school's procedures, and to ensure good punctuality, behaviour, standards of class work and homework
- To undertake assessment of pupils as requested by external examination bodies, department and school procedures
- To keep accurate records safely
- To regularly mark, record and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback to pupils as required by Assessment for Learning
Plus, 'recommend a friend' who is looking for a new role and we will thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.