At Career Teachers we are currently recruiting for energetic and confident teaching assistants to work within a specialist setting in Leeds. At present we can offer both full and part time opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone considering a career in special education to work in an extremely supportive and rewarding setting. The school caters for students from Early Years to age 19 with a variety of different special educational needs such as physical needs, autism, downs syndrome and ADHD. They have excellent resources on site to cater for all of the different needs of the students and are continually expanding on this.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) your main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting students throughout all aspects of the school day under the guidance of the class teacher.
- Ensuring that students feel they have a calm, safe environment for learning where their needs are met and catered for, this will include adapting lessons and activities so that every child feels included.
- Building strong, effective relationships with students, taking the time to get to know each child and making sure they feel valued and listened to.
- Managing challenging behaviours and expectations, you must be able to confidently and effectively deescalate situations.
- Working well with other members of staff in the class and communicating effectively.
Being a special needs teaching assistant is an extremely rewarding role where every day is different and you have the opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people. We are looking for people who are committed and have a passion for helping, along with invaluable experience in a specialist setting Career Teachers can offer you:
- Continual CPD opportunities to enhance your current skill-set. Including Team Teach, Behaviour Management, Intensive Interaction and Makaton.
- Competitive rates of pay, paid directly to you on PAYE.
- Support from your dedicated consultant throughout the process.
- Opportunities for permanent employment once you have worked a term.
- Refer a friend scheme.
If you feel that you possess the right qualities to make a strong, effective SEN TA then please click apply now or contact us in branch for any further information.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted