Special Needs Teaching Assistant Role
Full Time, Starting January 2024
Are you a dedicated teaching assistant with a background of supporting learners with special educational needs?
Are you looking for a new and rewarding role where you can really make a difference?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
At Career Teachers we have an exciting opportunity for a teaching assistant to join a welcoming and supportive school in the North of Leeds. You will be working alongside other committed practitioners to support secondary aged students with additional learning needs.
This is a full time role, however, part time opportunities may be available for the right candidate. You will be working Monday to Friday, 8.30-15.30, term time only.
- You will be supporting students who have special educational needs such as autism throughout the school day, academically and emotionally.
- Your main role will be to engage the children in learning, finding ways to make the learning relatable and enjoyable for each child according to their individual needs and learning methods.
- You will be working closely with the class teacher and other teaching assistants to ensure that the school day runs smoothly, communicating well and giving detailed handovers.
- As well as supporting the whole class, you will be doing 1:1 interventions with students who require more focused attention.
- Using the resources provided you will be making sure that all students have access to learning, catering for their needs and promoting inclusivity in the classroom.
- It is important that you are confident in your ability to create a calm and positive learning environment, managing challenging behaviours effectively and diffusing situations that arise.
If you feel that you are the right person for this special needs teaching assistant role, click apply now and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Why join us at Career Teachers:
- Free CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- Access to Skills Network.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Recognition program.
- Access to discount and cashback platform Affinity Extra.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted