Special Needs Teaching Assistant Role - Career Teachers Leeds
At Career Teachers we are currently recruiting for teaching assistants who want to work with special needs students on a long-term basis. At present, our client school has requirements for both full and part time teaching assistants to begin in January and work for the rest of the academic year, with the view of then going onto a permanent contract.
If you are looking to work in a rewarding and fulfilling role, this is an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference.
As a special needs teaching assistant, you will be:
- Establishing supportive, trusting relationships with students.
- Promoting the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner.
- Monitoring the pupil's response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- Supporting the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom, using communication aids such as Makaton and PECS where necessary. Training can be provided.
- Provide regular feedback on the pupil's learning and behaviour to the teacher and Inclusion Manager, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted.
- Know and apply school policies on Child Protection, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning, Equal Opportunities etc.
- Be willing to support playground/break time supervision.
- Accompanying teachers and pupils on educational visits.
The ideal candidate will be empathetic, patient and able to manage challenging behaviours well.
If you feel that you are the right person for this role, click apply now and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
- Full and part time opportunities.
- Working in a special needs school.
- Weekly pay.
- School located in Leeds.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted