At Career Teachers we are currently working with a specialist setting in Leeds who require an additional teaching assistant to join their team on a full time, long term basis. This role is to start as soon as possible and be for the rest of the academic year with the view of then going onto a permanent contract.
The school caters for students aged 2 to 19 years old who have severe and complex needs and they are committed to ensuring that all students receive the highest levels of care possible, using appropriate resources and support to prepare students for life outside of education.
Due to the needs of the students, we are looking for teaching assistants who are nurturing and have a greater understanding of complex needs. A background of working in a similar PMLD environment or in a care setting would be beneficial. The school use on-going training and advice from various professionals to keep up-to-date with strategies in order to engage pupils in their learning (intensive interaction, social integration, visual communication tools, PECS, Makaton signing, positive eye).
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will be:
- Attending to the pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare
- To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of, and responding appropriately to individual
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as
- Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the
- To understand and support the varying needs of the pupils
- To support the physical, sensory, communication and learning needs of the pupils.
If you feel that you have the drive and passion to give your all to this role and make a difference to the lives of vulnerable students, please apply now or contact us in branch for further information.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted