Special Educational Needs Teacher- East London
Are you a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher? Do you have an interest in working with students with SEND? A specialist Special Needs school for children aged 3 - 18 in East London is looking for a SEN teacher to start in September.
The school is a small secondary school which caters to students with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). They also take on a number of students with Complex Learning Needs. The school is well resourced and excellent support is in place for both staff and students, as well as excellent CPD opportunities.
- £120-£200 per day
- AWR compliant rates of pay
- Immediate start available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognized by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Vouchers: £200 for every Teacher and every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask us for further details.
Important Notice: In order to be eligible for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. Career Teachers is committed, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to each individual. If we have not contacted you within this time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. As a Recruitment Business, Career Teachers advertises this vacancy on behalf of one of our Clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted