Technical Theatre Technician / Arts Administrator Reports to: Assistant Headteacher (Line manager for The Arts and Community)Hours: 35 hours per week flexible as agreed with...
Technical Theatre Technician/ Arts Administrator - Merton
Are you an experienced Technical Theatre Technician/ Arts Administrator seeking a new opportunity for September? Career Teachers are supporting an Outstanding Secondary School in Merton with the recruitment of a Technical Theatre Technician/Arts Administrator to work full-time from September 2019.
The School - Merton, SW London
Based in Merton, the secondary school is an outstanding, over-subscribed and successful comprehensive school for girls with a thriving co-educational sixth form RR6. The curriculum is crafted to meet the demands of the national curriculum but goes beyond these to enrich the experience and maximise the talent in every girl. There is a comprehensive offer of extra curricular clubs and trips both day and residential, home and abroad including France, Spain and beyond with Camps International. With local and national connections students and staff work with organisations such as the SSAT, the Mayor of London's Schools for Success programme, Merton Music Foundation, Stonewall, The Lawn Tennis Association and Rugby Football Union to learn from the very best.
What's on Offer?
- The school offer a strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available.
- Set on a private estate in the leafy suburb of Wimbledon and within short travelling distance into central London, you will work in a friendly working environment.
Specific Responsibilities - Technical Theatre Technician/Arts Administrator
Reports to: Assistant Headteacher (Line manager for The Arts and Community)
Hours: 35 hours per week flexible as agreed with Line Manager 42 weeks of the year; includes weekend/evening work during school productions/community events and workshops during school holidays.
Job Purpose: Provides technical support for the Performing Arts Departments of Drama, Dance and Music in order to enable all teaching staff to provide excellent educational experiences for our students.
- Maintains all sound and lighting equipment in all the performance areas of the school.
- Maintains all recording equipment and organises the use of this equipment to teaching staff
- Runs all technical rehearsals for all productions and events within the school and at external venues as appropriate.
- Supports subject teachers to run technical theatre workshops during BTEC Production Arts lessons.
- Records (using DVD, video, CD, mini disc or other) all performances including examination pieces for Drama, Dance and Music.
- Copies and edits sound/film of examination performances.
- Provides training for staff regarding the use of cameras, lighting and sound equipment, rigging lights, sound boards and radio microphones.
- Maintains all studios/ teaching spaces used for the teaching of Performing Arts subjects.
- Purchases all technical and specialist equipment on behalf of the Performing Arts in consultation with the Finance Department and Head of individual department.
- A minimum of 2/3 years' experience in the technical profession of either the theatre or the music industry and/or a degree in Theatre Arts or Production.
- The ability to work as part of a team so good communication skills is essential.
- Knowledge of a variety of lighting and sound systems.
- Administrative skills including how to maintain and run a budget.
- A clean driving licence would be an advantage, but not essential.
- A keen interest in all aspects of the world of theatre and music.
- A flexible approach to work and a 'can do' attitude is essential.
- An interest in working with young people or a career in teaching would be desirable
When you apply with Career Teachers, you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £300 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.