English Teacher Merton£130 150 daily rateEnglish Teacher for September startKey Stage 3 and 4; GCSE. Career Teachers are recruiting for an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' Secondary...
Achievement Mentor, Merton
£70 - £85 daily rate
35 hours per week - Full time - Term Time only
Achievement Mentor required for a secondary school for a secondary school in Wimbledon, SW London. This is a full time, 35 hours per week term-time only contract starting in September 2018.
Person Specification - Achievement Mentor - London
- Ability to organise own time.
- Ability to engage constructively with, and relate to a wide range of young people and families/carers of different ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with all staff and senior leaders of the school and range of external agencies.
- Experience of planning and evaluation.
- Experience of working with young people with additional needs.
- General knowledge of child protection legislation and education, training and employment opportunities post 16.
- Ability to identify potential barriers to learning and jointly engage in strategies to overcome these
- Ability to negotiate targets with young people as part of the individual action planning process.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- A willingness to engage young people in extracurricular activities.
About the Role - Achievement Mentor - London
- Work with identified students to remove and address barriers to their learning.
- Draw up and implement a personalised Action Plan for identified children.
- This may involve working individually or in small groups to meet their needs either in or outside the classroom.
- Monitor personalised Action Plans for identified students ensuring they make progress towards meeting their targets
- Maintain effective working relationships with all staff to ensure individual targets are met.
- Be a designated Safeguarding Deputy as outlined in the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and KCSIE 2016.
- Liaise with external agencies as appropriate.
- Provide extracurricular activities at lunchtimes.
- Keep records as appropriate.
- Maintain regular contact with families/carers of identified students to promote good attendance and punctuality and support parents in their attendance at interviews/meetings.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Career Teachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.