Design & Technology TeacherBexley£130-£180 per dayAre you a Newly Qualified (NQT) or experienced Design and Technology teacher looking to commit to an outstanding training school...
DT Technician - Resistant Materials
Are you an experienced DT Technician? Career Teachers are supporting an Outstanding Secondary School in Merton with the recruitment of a DT Technician. This is a full-time (35 hours per week) role based in Wimbledon SW London.
The School - Merton, SW London
Based in Merton, the secondary school is an outstanding, over-subscribed and successful comprehensive school for girls with a thriving co-educational sixth form. The curriculum is crafted to meet the demands of the national curriculum but goes beyond these to enrich the experience and maximise the talent in every girl. There is a comprehensive offer of extra curricular clubs and trips both day and residential, home and abroad including France, Spain and beyond with Camps International. With local and national connections students and staff work with organisations such as the SSAT, the Mayor of London's Schools for Success programme, Merton Music Foundation, Stonewall, The Lawn Tennis Association and Rugby Football Union to learn from the very best.
What's on Offer?
- The school offer a strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available.
- Set on a private estate in the leafy suburb of Wimbledon and within short travelling distance into central London, you will work in a friendly working environment.
Principal Responsibility Areas:
- To assist Technology staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning.
- Under the direction of the Head of Department, to ensure that all Health & safety requirements are met.
- To assist in administrative duties in accordance with Teacher workload agreement.
- To maintain and monitor consumables and equipment in D&T to ensure all pupils are able to access a wide range materials and processes as part of their Technology provision. This includes monitoring the budget and submitting purchase order requisitions to the Finance department.
- To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside School
- To support the development and delivery of Digital Technologies including Programmable components of Computer Aided Design & Manufacture in D&T.
- To maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- Carry out weekly Health and Safety checks on all equipment and machinery and report directly to the Head of Department.
- Assist Head of Department and School Business Manager in the production of Risk and COSSH assessments.
- To maintain and carry out weekly maintenance of all CAD CAM equipment.
- To carry out a range of administration duties including: inputting data, production of registers and class groups and preparing teaching material and booklets.
- To be proficient in the use of the range of CAM equipment and provide technical support during lesson time.
- To be proficient in a range of CAD software as stipulated by the Head of Department and provide technical support during lesson time.
- To provide technical support to staff during lesson time as required.
- To prepare materials & equipment for practical lessons KS3-5
- Liaising with outside agencies for maintenance of sewing machines, CAD CAM equipment and workshop equipment.
- Technical support in class for KS3 - KS5 for teachers and students
- Carry out classroom demonstrations in practical areas
- Ensure that all equipment including PC's and Laptops are audited daily with any maintenance issues reported immediately e.g. the site team or ICT technicians.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £300 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.