The ideal candidate will be an Art graduate who ideally has had some experience as an Art Technician. Art Technician Lewisham Secondary Art Technician Art...
IT Support Technician
Are you an experienced IT Support Technician? Career Teachers are supporting an Outstanding Secondary School in Merton with the recruitment of an IT Support Technician. This is a full-time (35 hours per week) role based in Wimbledon SW London.
The School - Merton, SW London
Based in Merton, the secondary school is an outstanding, over-subscribed and successful comprehensive school for girls with a thriving co-educational sixth form. The curriculum is crafted to meet the demands of the national curriculum but goes beyond these to enrich the experience and maximise the talent in every girl. There is a comprehensive offer of extra curricular clubs and trips both day and residential, home and abroad including France, Spain and beyond with Camps International. With local and national connections students and staff work with organisations such as the SSAT, the Mayor of London's Schools for Success programme, Merton Music Foundation, Stonewall, The Lawn Tennis Association and Rugby Football Union to learn from the very best.
Specific Responsibilities - IT Support Technician
- To support approximately 1500 users alongside the IT Manager and be responsible for all aspects of first and second line support.
- Have good attention to detail and be able to confidently troubleshoot and resolve IT issues.
- You should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to multitask and willingness to learn.
- Experience of working in a school environment would be beneficial.
- Provide excellent technical support to all members of the school community.
- Assist in ongoing management, maintenance and renewal of the School's IT systems and equipment, including: Installation, patching and upgrade of software across the network.
- Share responsibility for issuing devices to staff and ensuring they are returned and accounted for when staff leave or the device is no longer required.
- Share the running of the IT help desk, logging, prioritising, tracking and completing support cases.
- Maintenance of printers and their consumables including liaison with suppliers
- Ensure all classroom and office IT equipment is kept tidy, clean and secure.
The successful candidate will also have a broad understanding of technology, and will be skilled in the following areas:
- LAN, WAN, wireless, Servers,
- Desktop PCs, laptops, printers and audio/visual equipment.
- Windows 7+, Windows Server 2008+, Office 2007+
- Active Directory,
- Group Policy,
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Understanding of Virtualisation technologies.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £300 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.