Location: Various Secondary Schools in Lambeth, Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Surrey
Start date: May and June 2019
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Temporary
Salary: £9.55 - £11.00 per hour
Benefits: Training may be provided in certain schools
Career Teachers are supporting a number of secondary schools across south London and Surrey with the recruitment of Exam Invigilators for positions starting in May and June 2019. With schools based in Lambeth, Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Surrey, this is a great opportunity for someone looking for part-time or casual work.
You will be required to join a pool of Exam Invigilators with responsibility for ensuring that all examinations are conducted in accordance with the schools procedures. This is a seasonal post with exams taking place intermittently but with most work taking place during May and June.
The work is allocated on a rota basis throughout the team according to your availability. You will need to be available from 8.30 am for the morning sessions and from 1.30pm for the afternoon sessions. Exams may vary in length from 30 minutes to 3 hours and there may be more than one exam taking place in the Exam Hall at the same time. Some sessions may continue beyond the end of a normal day. Training will be provided.
- To assist with the preparation of rooms prior to examinations.
- To maintain the Examination Attendance Register.
- To ensure that examinations start and end on time and display starting and finishing times in the examination room.
- Collect any items not allowed in the exam room (mobile phones, MP3 players etc.).
- To distribute all examination papers and materials required for the successful completion of the exam.
- To organise students at the start and end of the exam.
- To be vigilant at all times and report any malpractice to the Exams Officer.
- To help maintain a calm and quiet environment and deal with any disturbances which occur during the exam.
- To collect all examination scripts by candidate number at the end of the exam and pass to the Exams Officer and ensuring that scripts are never left unattended.
- To check that Answer Booklets have been correctly completed.
- To report any examination irregularities to the Exams Officer.
- Supervise "clash" candidates between exams.
- Carry out any other duties that can reasonably be requested by the Exams Officer.
- To act as a 'reader' or 'scribe' for candidates.
Excellent organisational skills.
A flexible approach to work.
Ability to work under pressure.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to relate to candidates yet maintains authority.
Ability to communicate with candidates and members of staff clearly and clearly and accurately.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work to predetermined instructions.
Ability to work as part of a team or alone as necessary.
Ability to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstances.
Able to maintain confidentiality.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works a minimum of 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.