RE Teacher - Merton, SW London
Are you an experienced RE Teacher seeking a new opportunity for September? Career Teachers are supporting an Outstanding Secondary School in Merton with the recruitment of an RE Teacher to work full-time from September 2020. This is a permanent role and the successful candidate will be fully qualified with experience teaching KS3, KS4 and KS5.
Based in Merton, the secondary school is an outstanding, over-subscribed and successful comprehensive school for girls with a thriving co-educational sixth form RR6. The curriculum is crafted to meet the demands of the national curriculum but goes beyond these to enrich the experience and maximise the talent in every girl. There is a comprehensive offer of extra curricular clubs and trips both day and residential, home and abroad including France, Spain and beyond with Camps International. With local and national connections students and staff work with organisations such as the SSAT, the Mayor of London's Schools for Success programme, Merton Music Foundation, Stonewall, The Lawn Tennis Association and Rugby Football Union to learn from the very best.
What's on Offer?
- The school offer a strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available.
- Set on a private estate in the leafy suburb of Wimbledon and within short travelling distance into central London, you will work in a friendly working environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic and will join a talented team of teachers.
- Be able to teach English across the 11- 18 age range.
- Will be committed to continuous improvement.
- Have good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
You will be able to:
- Effectively track the progress of students.
- Effectively target students and intervene to ensure they make progress.
- Engage with new technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success. If you are passionate about your subject and committed to achieving outstanding student attainment outcomes, we would like to hear from you.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £300 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted