- 1:1 TA
- SEND specialism
- Primary School
- London Borough of Barnet
- Full Time
We are currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic special educational needs Teaching Assistant to join an 'Outstanding' mainstream Primary School based in Cricklewood. The role will be working one to one with special educational needs pupils across KS1 and KS2.
The school is 2 form entry with fantastic facilities to support SEND students with communication, social, emotional and mental health, and sensory needs. There is a successful and proactive team of staff who work collaboratively to create a happy and motivating environment, encouraging children to give of their best at all times.
Ideal applicants would have previous experience supporting pupils with SEMH and ASD, experience supporting nonverbal students using Makaton language programme would have an advantage.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 105 3499
Requirements for the role, SEND Teaching Assistant- Barnet
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Ability to think on your feet and be confident in a classroom setting
- Ability to support pupils within the classroom setting
- Must be willing to offer personal care support
- A diverse range of positive behaviour management strategies
- Ability to engage students that are disengaged from education
Benefits of working through Career Teachers:
- Career Teachers encourage experienced Teaching Assistants and graduates to apply for this role. We work hard to ensure we match the right school to your specific needs.
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses. To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.To apply please call Claire on 0207 105 3499 or email email@example.com
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted