Walthamstow-Teaching Assistant-Full Time
- Full Time
- Immediate start
- Temp-perm contract
- 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant
A 'Good' 2 form entry Primary School in Walthamstow are currently seeking a 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant to join their team in Year 1. The school is modern with fantastic facilities in order to provide high quality teaching and support. They have a supportive team of Teaching Assistants who work collaboratively across the school and focus heavily on the development of their staff offering a wealth of training in specialised Teaching Assistants or even Teaching qualifications.
The role will be offering 1:1 support to a SEND pupil in Year 1, supporting them within the main class and aiding them with academic and social development. Within this role you will be working closely with your class teacher to track pupil development and offer 1:1 intervention sessions with your pupil.
The school are ideally looking for someone looking for a long term career as a Teaching Assistant and wants to remain at the same school in order to develop their career in education. Applicants must have previous experienced supporting special needs children in either a school or care back ground.
Requirements for the role, SEND Teaching Assistant- Walthamstow
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Ability to think on your feet and be confident in a classroom setting
- Ability to support pupils within the classroom setting
- Must be willing to offer personal care support
- A diverse range of positive behaviour management strategies
- Ability to engage students that are disengaged from education
Benefits of working through Career Teachers:
- Career Teachers encourage experienced Teaching Assistants and graduates to apply for this role. We work hard to ensure we match the right school to your specific needs.
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
To apply please call Claire on 0207 105 3499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted